Welcome to Al7awy.com website (the "Site"). These terms and conditions ("Terms and Conditions") apply to the Site, and all of its divisions, subsidiaries, and affiliate operated Internet sites which reference these Terms and Conditions.
By accessing the Site, you confirm your understanding of the Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions of use, you shall not use this website. The Site reserves the right, to change, modify, add, or remove portions of these Terms and Conditions of use at any time. Changes will be effective when posted on the Site with no other notice provided. Please check these Terms and Conditions of use regularly for updates. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to these Terms and Conditions of use constitutes your acceptance of those changes.
Terms and Conditions of Use
Use of the Site
You are either at least 18 years of age or are accessing the Site under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian.
We grant you a non-transferable and revocable license to use the Site, under the Terms and Conditions described, for the purpose of shopping for personal items sold on the Site. Commercial use or use on behalf of any third party is prohibited, except as explicitly permitted by us in advance. Any breach of these Terms and Conditions shall result in the immediate revocation of the license granted in this paragraph without notice to you.
Content provided on this site is solely for informational purposes. Product representations expressed on this Site are those of the vendor and are not made by us. Submissions or opinions expressed on this Site are those of the individual posting such content and may not reflect our opinions.
Certain services and related features that may be made available on the Site may require registration or subscription. Should you choose to register or subscribe for any such services or related features, you agree to provide accurate and current information about yourself, and to promptly update such information if there are any changes. Every user of the Site is solely responsible for keeping passwords and other account identifiers safe and secure. The account owner is entirely responsible for all activities that occur under such password or account. Furthermore, you must notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account. The Site shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, in any way for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of, or in connection with, your failure to comply with this section.
During the registration process you agree to receive promotional emails from the Site. You can subsequently opt out of receiving such promotional e-mails by clicking on the link at the bottom of any promotional email.
Anything that you submit to the Site and/or provide to us, including but not limited to, questions, reviews, comments, and suggestions (collectively, "Submissions") will become our sole and exclusive property and shall not be returned to you. In addition to the rights applicable to any Submission, when you post comments or reviews to the Site, you also grant us the right to use the name that you submit, in connection with such review, comment, or other content. You shall not use a false e-mail address, pretend to be someone other than yourself or otherwise mislead us or third parties as to the origin of any Submissions. We may, but shall not be obligated to, remove or edit any Submissions.
By completing an order or signing up, you agree to receive a) emails associated with finalizing your order, which may contain relevant offers from third parties, and b) emails asking you to review Jumia and your purchase and c) promotional emails, SMS and push notifications from Jumia. You may unsubscribe from promotional emails via a link provided in each email. If you would like us to remove your personal information from our database, unsubscribe from emails and/or SMS, please email Customer Service email address by country.
Order Acceptance and Pricing
Please note that there are cases when an order cannot be processed for various reasons. The Site reserves the right to refuse or cancel any order for any reason at any given time. You may be asked to provide additional verifications or information, including but not limited to phone number and address, before we accept the order.
In order to avoid any fraud with credit or debit cards, we reserve the right to obtain validation of your payment details before providing you with the product and to verify the personal information you shared with us. This verification can take the shape of an identity, place of residence or banking information check. The absence of answer following such a demand will automatically cause the cancellation of the order within 2 days.
We reserve the right to proceed to direct cancellation of an order for which we suspect a risk of fraudulent use of credit or debit card.
We are determined to provide the most accurate pricing information on the Site to our users; however, errors may still occur, such as cases when the price of an item is not displayed correctly on the website. As such, we reserve the right to refuse or cancel any order. In the event that an item is mispriced, we may, at our own discretion, either contact you for instructions or cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation. We shall have the right to refuse or cancel any such orders whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit card charged.
Trademarks and Copyrights
All intellectual property rights, whether registered or unregistered, in the Site, information content on the Site and all the website design, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, software, photos, video, music, sound, and their selection and arrangement, and all software compilations, underlying source code and software shall remain our property. The entire contents of the Site also are protected by copyright as a collective work under Egyptian copyright laws and international conventions. All rights are reserved.
Any disputes, controversies, or differences arising out of the implementation, interpretation, performance of these Terms and Conditions, shall be finally settled through arbitration by a single arbitrator to be appointed in accordance with the rules of Cairo Regional Centre for International Commercial Arbitration (CRCICA). The arbitrator shall be a person who is legally trained and who has experience in the information technology field and is independent of either party. The venue of the arbitration shall be Cairo. The language used in the arbitration proceedings shall be English. The award of the arbitrator shall be final and binding and may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction and enforced in accordance with the Arbitration Law No. 27 of 1994. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Site reserves the right to pursue the protection of intellectual property rights and confidential information through injunctive or other equitable relief through competent courts.
Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions shall be interpreted and governed by the laws in force in Egypt. Each party hereby agrees to submit to the jurisdiction of the Egyptian courts and to waive any objections based upon venue.
jumia.com.eg is operated by AIH General Merchandise UG (haftungsbeschränkt) & Co. KG ("we"), a company registered in Germany. International Credit Card Payments that you make through the Site will be processed by our contracted Payment Service Provider, a company registered in the Netherlands.
Refund for Cash On Delivery Orders
In case of return and the payment method was cash on delivery , the customer is eligible for cash refund within 10 days and after the 10 days if the customer was unreachable for 10 days the money will be refund via voucher and the customer can’t request to take it in cash anymore
In addition to any other legal or equitable remedies, we may, without prior notice to you, immediately terminate the Terms and Conditions or revoke any or all of your rights granted under the Terms and Conditions. Upon any termination of this Agreement, you shall immediately cease all access to and use of the Site and we shall, in addition to any other legal or equitable remedies, immediately revoke all password(s) and account identification issued to you and deny your access to and use of this Site in whole or in part. Any termination of this agreement shall not affect the respective rights and obligations (including without limitation, payment obligations) of the parties arising before the date of termination. You furthermore agree that the Site shall not be liable to you or to any other person as a result of any such suspension or termination. If you are dissatisfied with the Site or with any terms, conditions, rules, policies, guidelines, or practices of AIH General Merchandise UG (haftungsbeschränkt) & Co. KG in operating the Site, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the Site.
- Kindly be informed that ordered items are subject to availability till it last at the time of shipping and are the sole responsibility of the seller with no liability on Jumia Egypt. Your delight is our primary aim.
- In case your order is placed with high value of money you will be asked to pay a down payment whether to pay in Jumia`s bank account or cash in advance though our finance department at Jumia`s premises
- In case of return and the payment method was cash on delivery , the customer is eligible for cash refund within 10 days and after the 10 days if the customer was unreachable the money will be refund via voucher and the customer can’t request to take it in cash anymore
- Marketing & Gift vouchers should be used once per customer
- Customer is requested to have only one account on the website
- In case of creating multiple accounts or using any voucher more than once/ per customer , Jumia has the right to take legal action against the customer
- Any voucher abuse will be handled by Jumia `s legal team and the customer account will be blacklisted and will not be able to place any order from Jumia again
- If the customer wants to return his item for changing mind / dislike / no technical reason, he/she will have to pay the pick-up return fees
- Please note that postal refunds will only stay 60 days as per the new postal office rules
Terms and Conditions of Sale
- Flash Sale promotional discounts (Flash Sales) are short-time offers of items that may be deeply discounted and of limited availability.
- Flash Sales may only be applied to one unit of each product (unless otherwise stated).
- Each Flash Sale is subject to two time restrictions. The first restriction is for the overall Flash Sale and is displayed with the specific Flash Sale. The item must be added to the Cart before this time expires. The second restriction applies after a Flash Sale item has been placed in the Cart and expires after a very limited time. Orders must be placed before the expiration of both time periods.
- A Flash Sale must be redeemed by checking out through clicking the "Proceed to Checkout" button from your Shopping Cart.
- A limited quantity of Flash Sales are available per item. If supplies are still available after all of the Flash Sales have been used, customers may purchase the item at its regular Al7awy price.
- Flash Sales are good only for specific products featured.
- Flash Sales discounts do not apply to shipping or taxes.
- If you return a product purchased using a Flash Sale, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the product, subject to applicable refund policies.